lundi 2 décembre 2013

Abraham Lincoln: rêve prémonitoire?



Premier topo d'une série de quatre d'Errol Morris dans le New York Times. Lincoln a-t-il "rêvé" sa mort? Comment gérer les témoignages et les sources?

 Confidences de Lincoln à un garde du corps:

 “There I met with a sickening surprise. Before me was a catafalque, on which rested a corpse wrapped in funeral vestments. Around it were stationed soldiers who were acting as guards; and there was a throng of people, gazing mournfully upon the corpse, whose face was covered, others weeping pitifully. ‘Who is dead in the White House?’ I demanded of one of the soldiers, ‘The President,’ was his answer; ‘he was killed by an assassin.’ Then came a loud burst of grief from the crowd, which awoke me from my dream. I slept no more that night; and although it was only a dream, I have been strangely annoyed by it ever since.”

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/12/01/the-interminable-everlasting-lincolns-prologue/?nl=todaysheadlines&emc=edit_th_20131202&_r=0

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Les Tours de Laliberté migrent: rejoignez-moi sur le site du Journal de Québec et du Journal de Montréal

Depuis un certain temps je me demandais comment faire évoluer mon petit carnet web. La réponse m'est parvenue par le biais d'u...