dimanche 30 novembre 2014

Darren Wilson démissionne de la police de Ferguson


L'agent Wilson a invoqué des menaces pour expliquer sa démission. L'article du St-Louis Post-Dispatch offre aussi un extrait de sa lettre de démission.

 "In a telephone interview Saturday evening, Wilson said he resigned after the police department told him it had received threats that violence would ensue if he remained an employee.

“I’m resigning of my own free will,” he said. “I’m not willing to let someone else get hurt because of me.”

He said resigning was “the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do.”

Wilson’s resignation, which was expected, comes after private talks between his representatives and the police department. The grand jury announced its decision in the case Monday.

Wilson’s resignation letter reads, in part:

“I have been told that my continued employment may put the residents and police officers of the City of Ferguson at risk, which is a circumstance that I cannot allow. For obvious reasons, I wanted to wait until the grand jury made their decision before I officially made my decision to resign. It was my hope to continue in police work, but the safety of other police officers and the community are of paramount importance to me. It is my hope that my resignation will allow the community to heal.”

 http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/darren-wilson-resigns-from-ferguson-police-department/article_a8cfa6e7-408c-520c-b9d2-de2a75e8983d.html

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Les Tours de Laliberté migrent: rejoignez-moi sur le site du Journal de Québec et du Journal de Montréal

Depuis un certain temps je me demandais comment faire évoluer mon petit carnet web. La réponse m'est parvenue par le biais d'u...